Sunday, January 16, 2011

Twitter......tweet, tweet

What a fun topic to study is Social Networking!!!  Hard to believe we are actually studying/working.  I have been a member of Facebook for sometime and went through a period of absoloutely being addicted to it.  However, in the last six months or so I have had issues with privacy and went through a period of deleting most of my photos.  I think the privacy setup is extremely tricky to navigate around and have more than once considered deactivating my account.  Just recently, I was what you call compromised.  Someone was sending messages to all of my friends regarding making money.  I had to reset my password and my privacy settings and it was not particularly the easiest or most pleasant thing to do.

Twitter on the other hand.....oh what fun.  I reluctantly set up my twitter account as asked to do by Web 2.0 and was pleasently surprised to see Tweets from some of my favourite Celebrities.  I had never been interested in joining Twitter and still am a bit unsure about what I should be Tweeting about.  Is Tweeting the same as posting a Facebook status?  I did a search on some of my favourite celebrities such as James Franco and Oprah and can't believe that they are all Tweeting.  Is it really them????  This is all new to me but I am sure I will be spending a bit more time on Twitter these days and less time on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are having fun. The only reason I ever checked twitter was because a couple of celebs had mentioned in interviews that they had facebook and or twitter accounts. I didn't find either that illuminating that I wanted to back for more though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband had 3 family members missing for three days during the Brisbane floods and the twitter feeds coming through proved invaluable as we were helpless being out of state. Thankfully they were found safe and well unlike their house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you see yourself using twitter in a library capacity?

    ReplyDelete