Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Podcasts

To be honest podcasts for me have been the least favourite topic we have covered whilst undertaking the Web 2.0 course. I am more of a person who likes to see and visualise whoever is speaking to me. For that reason I couldn't imagine someone like me ever enjoying Audio Books or Playaways. I don't want to hear it, only read it or visualise it.
I can see how they can be valuable in a Library and I appreciate some of the great ideas such as using them for Guest Speakers and Lecturers. I think they could also be used for talks from Authors and even reviews from Bookclubs.
Someone mentioned that Heritage Trails already make use of Podcasts which is great and I think for that same reason Art Galleries could also benefit.
Whilst I am not a fan of Podcasts, I do appreciate Tripple J's use of them and enjoy the Live Music Feeds and Unearthed Pods. Maybe I just need to move with the times a bit more and discover a few more fantastic podcast sites.

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone, most people prefer to have the visual dimension - we like to see the person making the presentation or being interviewed or conducting the interview, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but if I were downloading the content I sometimes would rather wait 15 minutes for the audio alone, rather than 1 hour or more for the video of some person standing behind a podium.

    ReplyDelete