Monday, December 13, 2010

Tagging, Delicious and Library Thing

This week has again been interesting but a little more difficult, I think.  I had no problem in setting up accounts for Delicious or Library Thing, but I had a lot of trouble in setting up a Widget. Thankfully, a buddy from work steered me in the right direction and I managed to set one up on my blog. 
I quite like Library Thing.  I found it a useful tool for Book Lovers like myself and also Libraries.  I could easily list some of my favourite books that I have read, and liked that I was able to be selective about the Book Covers.   It is definitely a site that I would explore in my own time in more depth and I think it is a very useful tool for patrons and staff in the Library. Some of the features I like are the Book reviews, Book recommendations and Forums. Forums for me are a great way of speaking with other like minded people about books we love. It is almost like being part of a book club without going to the meetings in person.
I found exploring Delicious interesting, although not as much as Library Thing. I believe it is a useful site and I liked the Clouds feature and the way it points out to you your favourtie subject and then suggests a number of other relevant sites. I am not really sure if I would use Delicious as much as I would use Library Thing. I tend to use Favourites for keeping track of all my favourite sites and this seems to work for me. I do like how things are Bookmarked and Tagged. It does make for easy tracking and searching. Perhaps I need to spend more time on this site and become more familiar with it. It is obviously a very useful tool to many others.

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Librarything, but not sure about Delicious, its okay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also struggling with adding widgets & gadgets to my blog. I'm sure there is a youtube video out there that will help us. I am off to search for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a few problems with adding things as well, but after a while it began to sink in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finding it hard to comment on 5 blogs each week. I enjoy reading what people say - but find it hard to think of something useful to add as a comment to their post....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems that most people have had trouble with adding widgets, I also only managed by being helped by other staff.

    ReplyDelete