Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Geocaching

Okay, either I am missing something or I am just a very unadventurous person. I really just don't see anything fun or exciting about Geocaching. I had a good look at the "Geochaches Near You" and saw that there are quite a few sites listed near my area. Without being rude I just have no desire to pack a picnic lunch and go searching for them.
I am not really sure of their use to the Library, although someone mentioned an interesting point about a link between branches and a common theme.
I think children and maybe teenagers would find Geocaches appealing and in that way, as a parent, it would be nice to take them on a drive and go explore. However, I would rather take them on a nice drive to the Zoo or the beach, not necessarily looking for mysterious Geochaches.
It would also be really horrible if some not very nice people left some nasty surprises behind which I am sure may happen in some parts of the world.
Sory if I sound harsh or negative but Geochaches are just not my thing. I would be interested to know if anyone else shares my point of view??

2 comments:

  1. Shares a similar point of view, but then outdoorsy doing trek kinda things without some sense of learning, isn't quite my cuppa either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, where is your sense of adventure? Although I do agree with the zoo idea! And coffee, we really must take our children to more coffee shops - plenty to learn there!

    ReplyDelete